– Static Disadvantages:
They are not as eye catching as the animated ones are (read more about flash banners)
Static banners are not interactive
They contain a relatively limited amout of information
Are easily ingnored and less effective (lower CTR)
Benefits of flash made banner ads include:
Interactive nature – flash banners interact with the viewer and urge them to “engage” with the ad and its message. Flash banners work well with a viewer where interaction is concerned because people are able to run their mouse over the ad as well as click on links.
Flash ad facts:
Flash banners receive higher CTR (click through rates or ratio) than other banner design types.
Animated GIF ad fact:
Studies have shown that the use of animation in a banner increases CTR as they are designed to attract a viewer’s attention.
Static banner ad facts:
Static banner ads have been noted to have a higher CTR than those that are animated when placed on blog websites and pages. Static banner ads generally suit the editorial image or environment of a blog page and rarely clash with the page that they are displayed on.
2. That’s 1 trillion more than 2009. (ComScore)
3. The typical Internet user is served 1,707 banner ads per month. (Comscore)
4. Click-through rates are 0.1 percent. (DoubleClick)
5. The 468 x 60 banner has a .04 percent click rate. (DoubleClick)
6. An estimated 31 percent of ad impressions can’t be viewed by users. (Comscore)
7. The display advertising Lumascape has 318 logos. (Luma Partners)
8. 8 percent of Internet users account for 85 percent of clicks. (ComScore)
9. Up to 50 percent of clicks on mobile banner ads are accidental. (GoldSpot Media)
10. Mobile CPMs are 75 cents. (Kleiner Perkins)